cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

how to get the last 5 entries from the data table

dmishra
1-Newbie

how to get the last 5 entries from the data table

hello I am having a data table into which values are being inserted at regular intervals.

I want to show last 5 entries of the data table.

3 REPLIES 3
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:dmishra)

Hi dibya ranjan mishra​,

Data table is not queried based on timestamp. As per my understanding you should use Stream so that Data can queried based on time and last 5 entries can be fetched.

If you are using Streams; you can simply use GetStreamEntriesWithData and set oldestFirst as false and maxItems as 5.

For Data Table you will have to create your own custom query to find the last 5 entries; Performance could be low.

You could try following:

Read the data for last x hours based on frequency of Data. Then sort the infotable based on timestamp (desending) and then read first 5 rows.

I hope it helps.

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

dibya ranjan mishra,

Here is what I did to fetch the last 5 records:

// result: INTEGER
var length = me.GetDataTableEntryCount();//your starting ID +length will be the last record ID

var query = {
  "filters": {
    "fieldName": "id",
    "type": "GE",
    "value": length-4
  }};

var params = {
maxItems: undefined /* NUMBER */,
values: undefined /* INFOTABLE*/,
query: query /* QUERY */,
source: undefined /* STRING */,
tags: undefined /* TAGS */
};

// result: INFOTABLE dataShape: "undefined"
var result = me.QueryDataTableEntries(params);

This is based on that you have a sequenced ID(start from 1 for example, and increased by 1 every time there was a new entry, or you change the code according your ID generator)

Hope it will helps,

Br,

Anna

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

dibya ranjan mishra​,

Is there still anything issue with your service? Please let us know if further assistance needed.

Thanks,

Br,

Anna

Top Tags