cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to set x axis label width for chart ?

mlathkar
1-Newbie

How to set x axis label width for chart ?

I am using label chart with Horizontal chart orientation. X-axis field is string (length more than 100) field names are truncated as you can see due to this . How to adjust the label width ? please refer screenshot for reference.

LabelChart.png

9 REPLIES 9
qn
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:mlathkar)

I have the labels overwritten when the chart orientation is vertical. With horizontal orientation, the labels are truncated on the left too.

LabelChartVertical.png

rpallares
1-Newbie
(To:qn)

Hi,

Did you found a solution for your chart labels display?

I'm very interested about it.

qngo
5-Regular Member
(To:rpallares)

Hi, no, I just modify the label to fit in. Maybe the new widget Custom Chart handles this better.

rpallares
1-Newbie
(To:qngo)

Hi, Yes it display is better. But it seems to have issues to display single values, on hover.
I have to find a solution for that.

I cannot reduce my labels for my actual project.

Regards

Hi,

Here is an old case concerning that problem: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS233000

And I just created a new one asking solution for the preceding.

I opened too two cases concerning https://marketplace.thingworx.com/tools/custom-chart-widget

It display wrong values on over tooltip.

qngo
5-Regular Member

The document CS233000 is created after I opened my support case ; ) So still no fix from ThingWorx for that.

I finally found a solution. The Custom Chart Widget extensions have issues, so:

1. Go to the Composer and click on your Label Chart
  2. In the properties panel, Reset all X axis format properties
    1. XAxisStyle
    2. XAxisFormat
    3. XAxisLabelType
    4. XAxisLabelRotation
  3. Save then reload your mashup
  4. Labels are displayed without overrides. In some cases there is no space between labels but it's readable.
    Some labels are suppressed automatically to be able to have a correct display.
qngo
5-Regular Member
(To:rpallares)

It still doesn't work for me.

rpallares
1-Newbie

Hum, yes I see.
But in your example you have a small number of very long labels.

In my case I have a bug number of quite short labels.

I don't have much more information, I tried from a new default Label chart, and with a very fiew settings, it worked.
I suppose the main problem was for the XAxis style. May be the Tick settings or whatever else solve my problem (I'm afraid, I don't want to edit it ^^).

I created another case, but PTC closed it without giving me more informations...

Top Tags