cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

advanced grid auto select first row

kyetzer
10-Marble

advanced grid auto select first row

I am using an advanced grid to display some data and when a user selects one of the rows the data from that row is shown in a form on the same page.   When the data first loads I would like to have the first row auto selected and its data shown in the form.  As far as I can tell there is no setting in the grid to have a particular row autoselected which would fire the SelectedRowsChanged event.  I know how to do this using a session variable but I was curious if someone knew of an easier way.  BTW I am using version 7.4 (I don't know if things have changed in version 8 or not).

2 REPLIES 2
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:kyetzer)

Hi Ken Yetzer​,

Which version of advanced grid are you using. In the latest version of Advanced Grid available on ThingWorx Marketplace; there is a property to set the DefaultSelectedRows. You can set it as 1 to auto select first row.

You would also need to change theRowSelection to single/Multiple for DefaultSelectedRows to work

I hope it helps.

kyetzer
10-Marble
(To:kyetzer)

this option apparently does not work on a loading of new data.  Is there anyway to have the grid auto select the first row when you load new data?

Top Tags