cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

low / middle quality PVZ

eboer
5-Regular Member

low / middle quality PVZ

I've uploaded a scale 1:1 STEP-file into ThingWorx Studio and ticked the "Run CAD Optimizer". All did go well, BUT ... because it's a big model and the quality is the highest it doesn't run well on the hololens. So is there a way to control the quality of the imported model?

In Creo for example, I can choose between, low / medium / high quality before publishing the model.

2 REPLIES 2
katte
1-Newbie
(To:eboer)

E. Boer​ In most cases, even the low-size (optimized) model should work well in HoloLens, unless it is too big. For the better performance, we recommend to have a 3d model with 200k polygons, something more than that might cause some issues.

eboer
5-Regular Member
(To:katte)

@giri When I view an 3D-model exported from Creo Parametric as STEP and imported into ThingWorx and publilshed it, it is at the highest resolution / quality, because when I view it with the hololens, the model is perfect, shafts are really shafts.

When I publish the model directly from Creo parametric and I select the lowest resolution / quality the shafts becomes a multi surface cylinder. Even holes becomes square holes.

So it would be nice to be able to select the quality of the model when importing it into ThingWorx Studio. Are there already some options to tweak this? How or where can I check how many polygons I have?

Top Tags