cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

ThingWorx Studio 8 can achieve AR recognition technology that based on physical appearance?

zguanhua
1-Newbie

ThingWorx Studio 8 can achieve AR recognition technology that based on physical appearance?

First,I know about ThingWorx Studio 8 achieved AR recognition technology that based on physical appearance,right?

It means that we don't need to use Thingmarks to activate AR experience.

So how to creat AR experience by scaning the physical appearance of the product through the camera, and then fit into the AR environment.

In a word ,when we want to check out our AR experience,how can we activate our AR experience through scaning the physical appearance of the  product instead of scaning the  Thingmark.How does this happen with ThingWorx Studio 8 ?

Please favour me with your instractions,be so kind as to give me a reply,please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
katte
1-Newbie
(To:zguanhua)

As of today, Technically the digital image just takes the reference from the ThingMark and the position should be relative to the Thingmark location. So, Studio/view doesn't automatically identifies the physical device, Identifying factor here is the ThingMark!!

The feature of automatic detection based on Physical device is in our roadmap, but we don't have a specific timeframe for that.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Zhao Guanhua​,

I will check internally regarding this.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Zhao Guanhua​,

I have received an update on this query: The Model-based recognition is not released yet; it is expected to come within this calendar year.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Thanks,I will focus on that

Another question,please

How can the virtual objects match the physical product?

When I am going to put the sequence in the physical product

just like I would expect in the real world ,but the virtual

objects can't match with physical product.

So...What's wrong with my operations?

How could Imatch them together?

And what is the key to interact with the virtual objects and the physical product?

Thank you for your reply.

katte
1-Newbie

As of today, Technically the digital image just takes the reference from the ThingMark and the position should be relative to the Thingmark location. So, Studio/view doesn't automatically identifies the physical device, Identifying factor here is the ThingMark!!

The feature of automatic detection based on Physical device is in our roadmap, but we don't have a specific timeframe for that.

zguanhua
1-Newbie
(To:katte)

CoolI'm looking forward to.

Is there any update with regards to this technology ( 3D object recognition )?

Hi Erik. Our newest release, available today, 8.1.3 has a beta feature of model tracking. For more information, please see our help section on Model Targets: PTC

Top Tags