cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Security Question

singham
5-Regular Member

Security Question

A potential IoT customer who is in an FDA regulated industry has questions regarding security.

They understand that the data can be encrypted during transit ... but they want to know if the data is also encrypted when it is at rest in the ThingWorx database.

Does anyone have any insight into this.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
paic
1-Newbie
(To:singham)

I recommend talking to Sales about this.

but with the ability to store the information in PostGres, you can put encryption on that store.

Not sure about Cassandra, imagine it is available.

You could even go as far as storing it with hardware encryption? Not sure about this, not an expert in this area.

Hi Stephen,

Cryptosoft recently launched our official ThingWorx extension, to integrate our encryption platform directly into the ThingWorx platform. You can use the solution for strong encryption during transit, and even at rest in the ThingWorx database.

You can see it here ThingWorx IoT Marketplace » Cryptosoft Extension

I'd be happy to help you anyway that I can.

Regards,

James

We now have a series of videos showing how to use the Cryptosoft security extension in ThinWorx mashup, please type a search for 'cryptosoft' to find videos

qn
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:fnilsen)

Your videos are added in Partner Community. I'm not in Partner Community so I don't see any of your videos.

Please look here:  http://marketplace.thingworx.com/Items/cryptosoft-extension

In the meantime I will check if I can assign them to developer community as well. 

Top Tags