cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Want to see 3D Gauge name as well as its value

agangaiah
14-Alexandrite

Want to see 3D Gauge name as well as its value

Hi,

I have placed a 3D Gauge in the canvas against a 3D model and also I have a tagged the 3D Gauge to an RPM value steamed from Thingworx Core.

When I do a preview or see the experience in my tab, I can see the gauge showing RPM values successfully, but I wanted to know how can I enable to show the gauge name as well.

In the end I want it show up as RPM : 245 or something like that. So that it show both the value as well as the Gauge name. I remember seeing a tutorial on this once but not able to locate.

Any ideas.

Thanks,

Avinash

1 REPLY 1

Hi Avinash,

You can do this by applying a filter to the binding.  Select the gauge and in the binding section at the bottom of the screen, click the Add Filter button.

Give the filter a name and then define the filter body to add the text that you want to the value that is being displayed.  In my example below, I wanted to create a filter for a temperature gauge so it showed the value with °C after and it looks like this:

return $filter('number')(value, 0) + " °C";

Clipboard01.png

The (value,0) is controlling the number of decimal places, so if you wanted 1 decimal place it would be (value,1)

So when I look at the gauge, it looks like this:

Clipboard02.png

Hope this helps.

Allan

Top Tags