cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Timeseries chart problem using value stream.

bgupta-2
9-Granite

Timeseries chart problem using value stream.

Dear Team,

I need to show time series chart using value stream. I have total 8 assets(things). In which some asset has same value and other one has random value.

As I have seen those asset has same value no value is logged.

As my asset2 has same value so graph will like.

For asset1 has  random value so graph will like

SO what is problem in case of asset2. Is logged property value is not get stored due to same value?

16 REPLIES 16

If you wan't to record value changes whenever you receive a data point, still if it are exactly the same value, you need to set property "Data Change Info" to Always ( on Composer editing properties ). This is for the property itself, but if it's remote binded you may need to ensure that you are receiving Values always, you may need to tweak propertie's "Remote Binding Info" settings.

Best Regards,

Carles.

Thanks Carles,

As u mentioned said changes has done in thing (set property "Data Change Info" to Always ( on Composer editing properties )​). Also same changes has done in remotething. But still no changes on chart.

This will only apply for new data, old data it's already "lost".

Data is continuously coming from simulator server only data is same.

When I mean remote property binding info, I mean this section :

Captura de pantalla 2017-07-18 11.29.16.png

Thanks Carles,

Shown image is part of which entities?. As I am using Thingworx 7.3.1

Should be on Remote Thing Propertie's

In Thingworx 7.3.1 no such option are in RemoteThing properties

Then Properties aren't remote, are Local Properties on a Remote Thing

Thanks for clarification,

As said , I have changed all property as remote bound. But still data is not get logged.

Please ignore previous image

It seems everything it's ok now on TW side

But I don't know if you remote Thing really sends data when it's different... You will need to debug the remote side ( EDGE part ) to know if you are sending values when it are equal.

If you want to check from TW Side, you can activate Application Log  to "Info" level and there you will see coming remote messages data.

Carles.

Hi Carles,

As I said from edge value are same for this things rest thing has random value. In case if edge sending same value then chart should show straight line. But here values are not logged. and no line on chart.

I'm sorry, but I don't get the whole picture.

But anyway, if you don't have data points when value it's the same,  then it's just a visualization problem, for which as far as I know Standard TW Widgets doesn't provides a way to draw a rect with the previous value ( or with the next value ), it always interpolates between two contiguous datapoints. We had to customize the Standard Timeseries graph widget in order to do this.

Another solution could be if you create "fake" datapoints on Server Side, for instance lets say you have the following data:

Timestamp                               Value

2017/06/18 17:00:00.000     10

2017/06/18 17:24:00.000     14

2017/06/18 18:13:00.000     13

To generate Right Rects on the TimeSeries graph, you may build a service which returns:

Timestamp                               Value

2017/06/18 17:00:00.000     10

2017/06/18 17:23:59.999     10 (fake DataPoint)

2017/06/18 17:24:00.999     14

2017/06/18 18:12:59.999     14 (fake DataPoint)

2017/06/18 18:13:00.999     13

The previous datapoints will generate the graph you want to see.

Thanks Carles,

If value are changing values are get stored  and graph is showing. But if same value continuosly coming then no value get logged and hence no chart .

Below image for asset2 whose same value coming from edge so it unable to store value.

Below image for asset1 whose different values coming from edge so its able to store value and chart is visible

Top Tags