cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

I was able to set up posgres for thingworx. I see thingworx specific database and tables are created in postgres db.

ahawaldar
1-Newbie

I was able to set up posgres for thingworx. I see thingworx specific database and tables are created in postgres db.

Hello Sushant Pandey​,

Good Day.

I was able to set up posgres for thingworx. I see thingworx specific database and tables are created in postgres db. However when I start the tomcat, I see that H2 database is still being used instead of postgres. What setting I have missed here. Below is the platform-settings.json file content

{

"PersistenceProviderPackageConfigs": {

"PostgresPersistenceProviderPackage": {

"ConnectionInformation": {

"jdbcUrl": "jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/thingworx",

"password": "password",

"username": "twadmin"

}

}

}

}

Thanks,

Azim

4 REPLIES 4
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:ahawaldar)

Hi Azim, did you migrate your TWX from H2 to Postgresql? or was this a new installation? You'll have to ensure that you are using the right distribution package i.e. the ThingWorx war for Postgresql

Hi Sushant Pandey​,

I am using the existing distribution package which was earlier using H2. Can't I use this package for Postgres DB?

Thanks,

Azim

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:ahawaldar)

Hey Azim, no it's important you use the correct corresponding PersistenceProvider package. So if earlier you were using H2 you will have to migrate all of your data to the PostgreSQL. For that you can refer to the guide concerning the Upgrade to ThingWorx

Thanks Sushant Pandey​. This helped me.

Top Tags