cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Thingworx platform configuration failed

vxavier
13-Aquamarine

Thingworx platform configuration failed

117991A0.PNG

It failed on configuration. What could it be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Greetings Vinicius,

Please confirm these were the steps followed to troubleshoot this problem:

1. After the install failed on the PostgreSQL step, we opened the 'Factory-Installer.log' located here: <Install directory>\ThingWorxManufacturingApps

We could see an instance of this error message: "Failed to load SQL modules into the database cluster"

Following Polina's recommendation in this thread, we allowed additional user-level permissions for the install directory (in the Windows directory Properties, within the Security tab).

2. The "ThingWorx Platform Configuration Failed" error was alleviated by following recommendation number 3 from this post:

"If the installer has stopped at approximately 90% complete, and 5 minutes have elapsed, start the ThingWorx Servlet Engine Service manually from this directory in the Windows Explorer:

<Install path>\ThingWorxManufacturingApps\PTC_Servlet_Engine\bin\thingworxServerw.exe"

Best regards,

Steven M

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:vxavier)

Hello, Vinicius Xavier.

I'll find a resource to help you with this.

Steven Marchessault​ do you have any suggestions here?

Thanks,

-- Craig A.

Greetings Craig and Vinicius,

Craig-- yes, our team can surely assist with getting this install working.

Vinicius-- to troubleshoot the problem you are having, we will need to first confirm the following:

What is the Windows operating system you are using for this installation?

Are the .NET 3.5 and 4.5 Frameworks installed?

Was ThingWorx previously installed on this PC?

Best regards,

Steven M

Thank you Craig and Steven,

The OS is Windows 7 Enterprise SP 1

I believe I have installed both frameworks.

The first time that I tried to install I got this message.

Thanks,
Vinícius.

Greetings Vinicius,

Please confirm these were the steps followed to troubleshoot this problem:

1. After the install failed on the PostgreSQL step, we opened the 'Factory-Installer.log' located here: <Install directory>\ThingWorxManufacturingApps

We could see an instance of this error message: "Failed to load SQL modules into the database cluster"

Following Polina's recommendation in this thread, we allowed additional user-level permissions for the install directory (in the Windows directory Properties, within the Security tab).

2. The "ThingWorx Platform Configuration Failed" error was alleviated by following recommendation number 3 from this post:

"If the installer has stopped at approximately 90% complete, and 5 minutes have elapsed, start the ThingWorx Servlet Engine Service manually from this directory in the Windows Explorer:

<Install path>\ThingWorxManufacturingApps\PTC_Servlet_Engine\bin\thingworxServerw.exe"

Best regards,

Steven M

Top Tags