cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Thingworx_7.4 MS SQL Installation error

ishrivastava-2
1-Newbie

Thingworx_7.4 MS SQL Installation error

Hello,

I was trying to install MS SQL database on Thingworx. I was getting following error while executing the thingworxMssqlDBSetup.bat script.

Error: Microsoft ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server: TCP Provider: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server: Login timeout expired.

Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server: A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online...

Press any key to continue . . . I have followed this link still not able to get connected to the target machine.

Thingworx 7.4 MSSQL Install Errors

Screenshot (71).png

This is the screenshot of services running in my system. Please suggest some solution.

6 REPLIES 6

Isha can you share screenshot of the SQL Server Configuration Manager for your MS SQL DB instance to check if required protocols are enabled? Also are you able to login via SQL Management Studio on to that schema?

Screenshot (75).pngOK Sushant I am sharing the screenshot of SQL Server Configuration Manager for your MS SQL DB instance.Screenshot (76).png

Isha please enable the TCP/IP protocol and reboot the service and try again

Hi Isha

You probably want to look at the following posts if you did not already:

Thingworx 7.4 MSSQL Install Errors

Has anyone been able to successfully configure Thingworx 7.4 to use MS SQL Server?

Kind regards

Christophe

Can you please check the database setup script provided in the screenshot? Am I doing it right?Screenshot (78).png

adrianpet
5-Regular Member
(To:ishrivastava-2)

Hi,

The parameter for the instancename (-i) should be only SQLEXPRESS because that is the name of your instance.

Thank you

Top Tags