cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Publish failed. We couldn’t contact the Experience Service

rjayaraj
4-Participant

Publish failed. We couldn’t contact the Experience Service

Hi,

Trying to publish the sample application, but there seems to be some problem the experience service

1. Getting the error "Uh-oh! Publish failed. We couldn’t contact the Experience Service. Verify that the Experience Service URL is correct, and check the log for errors." when i try to publish the sample app
  2. Getting the error "Could not contact the Experience Service, verify the server is running. Error: unable to get local issuer certificate" when i try validate the experience server url in the settings
  3. In the log i see "Error: unable to get local issuer certificate"

My setup

• Using the sample app without any modification
  • Using the default experience service URL
  • Using from public network.

No ideas how to get rid of this error. Please help

13 REPLIES 13
rjayaraj
4-Participant
(To:rjayaraj)

Hi,

Can someone help? We are completely struck because of this issue and unable to check any features of the thingworx studio.

Will appreciate any pointers here.

Yuxiu
5-Regular Member

Can you let me know the email address you used to register for the ThingWorx Studio?

Thanks.

Yuxiu

rjayaraj
4-Participant
(To:Yuxiu)

I have sent a personal message to you with the email ids.

Yuxiu
5-Regular Member

Your experience service is up as when I tried to access it, it prompted me for login credential. Have you tried again after the initial error?

Thanks.

Yuxiu

rjayaraj
4-Participant

It is still not working. Even before this it used to ask us login and after login it will be unable to publish.

rjayaraj
4-Participant

Hi,

Any update on this. It is still not working. Tried just now also.

Yuxiu
5-Regular Member

When you directly access the ES, does it response? From my end, I can see it. Or the inaccessibility only happens when you tried to publish?

Thanks.

Yuxiu

rjayaraj
4-Participant

What do you mean by direct access?

Also, is there a faster way to resolve this. It has been more than 10 days and still the issue is not resolved. We are not able to make any progress without this.

katte
1-Newbie

By saying direct access ES url, we mean making a request to your Experience service URL from your browser. With this step, we wanted to check if your network is blocking request/response from ES url. If that is the case, you might need to configure your network to allow the ES url, for proxy configuration please follow our KB article

Also, looking into your 'local issuer certificate' error - can you please try ignoring the certificate from your browser and publish the experience?

Thanks,
Giri

rjayaraj
4-Participant
(To:katte)

Hi,

I just tried, not accessible. I even tried from my mobile phone and connected to public internet. Even from there experience server is not reachable.

Could you please check the experience server provided to my account is active or not?

efraga
4-Participant

Hi good night everybody,

I have the same issue , I don know what is wrong , should I update the URL server ? any idea regarding this issue ? excuse me Yuxiu Weng how do you solved this issue?

Best Regards

tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:efraga)

Elias, Are you able to access your Experience Service directly?

efraga
4-Participant
(To:tmccombie)

Hi Tara ,

Sorry for the delay to answere you , I can access now, I could not access in the past because my trial have expired but Yuxiu Weng  ​ helped me to solve this issue .

Thank you very much , you are so kind

Regards

Top Tags