cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Import extension parser is too strict.

jgabriel
12-Amethyst

Import extension parser is too strict.

When I was developing some Java extensons, I noticed error while importing extension with exported entities and I believe it is a bug.

I have custom Java extension (ThingTemplate) with following configuration table:

@ThingworxFieldDefinition(name = "OutputType", description = "Type of the output string.", baseType = "STRING", ordinal = 3, aspects = {

"isRequired:true", "defaultValue:text", "selectOptions:text:Text|json:Json|xml:Xml", "friendlyName:OutputType" })

Everything worked great, so I build custom logic in composer with one of the Things based on mentioned template. To make it reusable and easy to move it somewhere else, I exported my custom entities and created another extension dependant on first.

All the custom entities were imported to that new extension, but when I try to import extension I get this validation error:

Importing xml entities one by one manually works correctly, this probably should too?

Also exported entity has history of edits, that something you dont/want for you extension, is it possible to add checkbox that removes it during export?

I will send it in as ticket as soon as support portal is out of the maintenence window.

Regards JG.

2 REPLIES 2
jgabriel
12-Amethyst
(To:jgabriel)

Case number:

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:jgabriel)

Jira PSPT-3948.

Removing aspect.selectOptions="text:Text|json:Json|xml:Xml" from the problematic entity and rebuilding the extension fixes the issue until the next export.

Top Tags