cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How get data from the thing to Mashup/widget

akurakin
1-Newbie

How get data from the thing to Mashup/widget

Hi all,

may be I missed something from the very beginning. Please help.

When I'm trying to drag and drop "property" of the thing/service from the right part of screen to the widget (LED Display for example), nothing's happen`. And it looks like something wrong with my properties, as I see arrows icons on that "look on the right" when on the tutorial description such arrows "look on the left". I don't know how explain the situation more correct. But as a result, drag and drop doesn't work. So I can't bind the thing's data with my mashup/widget.

Please describe me what could be wrong, or suggest the tutorial page to find the answer.

Thank you in advance,

A.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:akurakin)

Yes, that is a wrong kind of data 🙂 From what I'm seeing, you have a service that sets parameters, meaning you feed property values to it rather than take them from the service. So you supply temperature and humidity but it does not display anything back. The opposite service would be getData. Then you would be able to consume property values from the service.

Alternatively, you may modify/edit your existing "set" service to include an output/result of a matching base type (string in this case), and then you would be able to see data that can be taken from the service, like in an example below:

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
posipova
20-Turquoise

Can you please send a screenshot of your right-hand side panel where the service and "properties" are? I suspect you are dragging the properties from under the "parameters" section instead of "all results"/"selected row".

Screenshot from 2017-07-24 16-37-14.png

Looks like the problem with the type of data, or with type of service, but I can't realize what exactly... )

posipova
20-Turquoise

Yes, that is a wrong kind of data 🙂 From what I'm seeing, you have a service that sets parameters, meaning you feed property values to it rather than take them from the service. So you supply temperature and humidity but it does not display anything back. The opposite service would be getData. Then you would be able to consume property values from the service.

Alternatively, you may modify/edit your existing "set" service to include an output/result of a matching base type (string in this case), and then you would be able to see data that can be taken from the service, like in an example below:

Yes, Great!

But what if I have two Properties in the setProperty service (Temperature and Humidity)? Only one string will be as a result after "Base Type" Outputs marked ?

And what about the first option with getData. Should it be the same service but with different name (get*) , or any other points should be checked or added?

Thank you Polina!

regards.

Alexander.

posipova
20-Turquoise

You could set the result to infotable 🙂 You can try existing services like "GetPropertyValues" to retrieve your data.

I'll try. Thank you!

posipova
20-Turquoise

If you find the above answers correct/helpful, could you please mark them as such? This would help improving the search results of our community.

Top Tags