cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Widgets that provide a Gantt-style display?

pschmaltz
10-Marble

Widgets that provide a Gantt-style display?

Are there any existing widgets that would let me generate a gantt chart along the lines shown below? The example below depicts 6 truck loading docks at a distribution center - the red bars reflect times when the loading dock was in-use during the course of the day (and numbers on the red bars the number of forklift load events).

Alternately, are there any extensions that provide a widget that could do this?

Absent such a widget (or my having the ability to create a custom widget of this complexity), does anyone have suggestions on creative ways to use existing widgets to convey this information to users, albeit in a different style? TIA.

3 REPLIES 3
paic
1-Newbie
(To:pschmaltz)

if you do the data right, you can accomplish this with a range chart.

However to have a real Gantt chart would be better, right now Thingworx doesn't have one, so it would have to be an extension.

paic
1-Newbie
(To:paic)

Oops! I meant Proportional Chart.

I did an example it is rather ugly because there is a lot of data manipulation. Keeping that in mind ahead of time can make it easier to do.

I have to figure out how I can do an attachment!

FYI, I did end up implementing a grid-widget based approach for this for now. It looks reasonably good, and is an interesting way to highlight activity/load levels on each asset. Here's a snapshot of how it looks for reference:

The difficulty was mostly in querying the value streams to aggregate the data by hour of day. The tedious part was setting the conditional formatting on each column of the grid (24 of them). I also added an additional column at the end to soak up the variable width of the grid (so that all the other fixed column widths would be consistent, including the 11pm hour).

Top Tags