cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to clear/reset a ValueStream

drichter
14-Alexandrite

How to clear/reset a ValueStream

Hey everyone,

I have a ValueStream which is connected to different things.

Now I will reset the hole ValueStream-object. I know I have to execute the "PurgePropertyHistory"-service, but I don't know what I have to enter in the field "propertyName". Can someone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:drichter)

David, each Value Stream is dependent on its Thing. So running a purge on a Thing, will only clear out that Thing.

There are 3 different purges available on the Thing - PurgeAllPropertyHistory, PurgePropertyHistory and PurgeSelectedPropertyHistory.

• PurgeAllPropertyHistory - purges all logged properties on the Thing
  • PurgePropertyHistory - purges a property that is logged (you need to give the name of the property that is logged)
  • PurgeSelectedPropertyHistory - purges a list of properties on the Thing (takes an Infotable input of the properties you want to purge)

With that being said, you need to give a start and end date or it won't purge/ delete your data.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:drichter)

David, each Value Stream is dependent on its Thing. So running a purge on a Thing, will only clear out that Thing.

There are 3 different purges available on the Thing - PurgeAllPropertyHistory, PurgePropertyHistory and PurgeSelectedPropertyHistory.

• PurgeAllPropertyHistory - purges all logged properties on the Thing
  • PurgePropertyHistory - purges a property that is logged (you need to give the name of the property that is logged)
  • PurgeSelectedPropertyHistory - purges a list of properties on the Thing (takes an Infotable input of the properties you want to purge)

With that being said, you need to give a start and end date or it won't purge/ delete your data.

drichter
14-Alexandrite
(To:Aanjan)

That help me a lot, but my thing has only the "PurgePropertyHistory".

Hi David,

PurgeAllPropertyHistory and PurgeSelectedPropertyHistory was added on a later version, you should be on a "old" TW version.

Carles.

Top Tags