cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Updating values in Thing Config table causes Thing to stop

wposner-2
12-Amethyst

Updating values in Thing Config table causes Thing to stop

I'm using the TWX Marketplace RabbitMQ extension and running in to an issue where if I programatically update the queue name in the configuration table using a JS service on the thing which implements the RabbitMQ template, the thing stops running.  I've tried adding the .EnableThing and .RestartThing calls, but neither works.  The only way to get the thing to start again is to open it for editing and then click the save button.

Has anyone ever run in to a similar issue where you're unable to update a property on a configuration table on a thing of a custom extension?

Thanks!

Wayne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne, I did a quick test with the extension you mentioned and I didn't run into any issues. How are you setting the configuration table? The way I did is run 'GetConfigurationTable', give my 'QueueName' a new value and then set it via 'SetConfigurationTable' with persistent set to true.

Of course, if you are actively editing the Thing or have the Thing open, you would need to hit Cancel Edit or close the Thing and reopen to see the changes. Updating should not cause the Thing to stop running though.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Wayne, I did a quick test with the extension you mentioned and I didn't run into any issues. How are you setting the configuration table? The way I did is run 'GetConfigurationTable', give my 'QueueName' a new value and then set it via 'SetConfigurationTable' with persistent set to true.

Of course, if you are actively editing the Thing or have the Thing open, you would need to hit Cancel Edit or close the Thing and reopen to see the changes. Updating should not cause the Thing to stop running though.

wposner-2
12-Amethyst
(To:Aanjan)

Hi Ravi...

You pointed out something that should have been completely obvious.  While we were trying to get this to work, the thing which we were trying to update was open in editing mode.  Once you pointed that it, it made perfect sense.  Unfortunately, I'm not onsite with my client anymore to personally verify, but I have asked them to test and let me know.  Hopefully, it really was as simple fix as you pointed out.

Top Tags