cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

4 Thingworx Platform questions

cdu
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

4 Thingworx Platform questions

1. the .js too large, it take long time to load the webpage. How to reduce it ?

2. After add a field to DataShape, Why the data is un-aligned to field in DataTable ?

3. How to edit DataTable's data on Thingworx Platform ?

4. Can I export/import data in csv format instead of twx format on Thingworx Platform ?

5 REPLIES 5
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:cdu)

Chengxian,

1. Are you trying to view the Mashup on a mobile device?

2. Are you modifying a DataShape that is attached to a DataTable? Any changes, like adding a new property will reflect on the DataTable as a new column.

3. You can use the 'UpdateDataTableEntry' service to modify your existing entries. Do note that you would need to use the primary key you've set to modify specific rows.

4. Please take a look at the CSV parser extension available at the ThingWorx Marketplace.

cdu
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

1. Are you trying to view the Mashup on a mobile device?

Not yet, I visit the page from China to US with desktop browser, load for several minutes, around 50-100KBytes/S.

2. Are you modifying a DataShape that is attached to a DataTable? Any changes, like adding a new property will reflect on the DataTable as a new column.

I can understand that a new column will be added to DataTable if DataShape changed, but the data of Column 2 may become data of Column 1. So it's not easy if I modify the data structure at run time.

3. You can use the 'UpdateDataTableEntry' service to modify your existing entries. Do note that you would need to use the primary key you've set to modify specific rows.

Yes, the service is easy for me, but maybe it's very good if there is a Built-in Data Tool for data management.

4. Please take a look at the CSV parser extension available at the ThingWorx Marketplace.

Thanks, I will try it

I think 2/3/4 will make data management more quick and flexible

qn
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Just in case, (4) the Export widget can export data in .csv

cdu
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:qn)

Maybe I need a tool built-in Composer

As a system administrator, importing .csv is useful. Is there any way import it ?

How do you modify 100 data items in 1000 data items?  It to slow to call service one by one.

qn
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Older versions of ThingWorx still exported and imported data in .csv, I wonder why they changed to binary from 6.5 and if the new version still can import .csv directly. Maybe you'll need the CSV parser extension to import from 6.5.

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_6.5_hc/index.jspx?id=ImportingandExportingDataEntitiesandExtensions&action=show

Does the Data Export widget limit to 100 data items ? If the service QueryStreamData is used to determine which data will be exported, the "maxItems" can be change to 1000 or bigger amount. But the system would crash if the service returns a huge amount of data.

Top Tags