cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Seeing old versions of widgets

dclayworth
1-Newbie

Seeing old versions of widgets

I'm frequently finding during development that old versions of widgets under development get seen. here is an example of what i see:

1. I have an extension containing both a widget an a mashup that uses it. I execute the mashup successfully.
  2. I make some changes to the widget source and build a new version of the extension file from it.
  3. I unload the extension from ThingWorx.
  4. I've tried restarting ThingWorx and also restarting TomCat at this point, neither of which make any difference
  5. I load the new version of the extension into ThingWorx.
  6. I execute the mashup again.

At this point I see the old behaviour, and the Chrome debugger shows I have the old source code. The source file that it is being taken from, CombinedExtensions.YYYYMMDD_HHHHMMSS.js shows a date that is for the previous iteration of the widget, i.e. it is earlier than when I loaded the new extension.

I have confirmed beyond question that the extension zip file contains the new source. I have caching turned off in my browser.

Has anyone else seem this? is there a way of working round it?

1 REPLY 1

David, clearing your cache should generally fix the issue you are seeing. The process of replacing extensions is usually deleting the existing extension, restart Tomcat and then re-importing the new extension. Once you've done these steps, can you try viewing it in an incognito window?

Top Tags