cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

what is the best practice of installing thingworx

mnalla
7-Bedrock

what is the best practice of installing thingworx

Hi Community,

what is the best practice for installing thingworx either on a single server or in individual systems..?

If we install on single server, if one come across a problem and he want to restart the tomcat to fix it, then other users will be effected

.how it can be solved..???

regards,

madhu

3 REPLIES 3
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:mnalla)

Hi Madhu, you could explore the option of having ThingWorx setup in high availability mode i.e. having multiple ThingWorx Core servers. This is covered quite in detail in ThingWorx High Availability Administrators Guide

Here's the example architecture look from the guide :

liliu
8-Gravel
(To:mnalla)

Hi Madhu,

There are several strucutres of ThingWorx. Like Hight Availablity, Federation and Connection Server...

As Sushant suggested, HA can guarantee the tomcat restarting influence most of the times. But some times you must restart all instence and at that time, HA still cannot hlep to avoid your scenario.

There are some scenarios that you must restart tomcat and may effect other developers data. For this case, I suggest to restart tomcat at midnight. It can minimum your data loss.

BR, Lily

mnalla
7-Bedrock
(To:liliu)

Hi Li,

ThankYou for the reply. I would try.

regards,

madhu

Top Tags