cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Can TimeSeriesChart widget display date time data in a custom time zone

harrybvp
1-Newbie

Can TimeSeriesChart widget display date time data in a custom time zone

Can TimeSeriesChart widget display date time data in a custom time zone.

Currently it displays data in Browser's local time zone.

I didn't see any properties on this widget that takes timezone.

We have a user profile (Third Party App) which has a time zone property and we would like charting widget to honor that.

10 REPLIES 10

As Standard Thingworx functionality not, they don't have any TimeZone support besides the Browser TimeZone, It's really limited on this.

I've already build custom widgets based on standard ones with TimeZone support ( Grid, DateTime Picker, Time Selector, Time Series, Export Button, Property Display ), I've also explained to R&D this need and shared with them all the work done, but they don't seem really interested on it.

Please push them to include it on next release.

Best Regards,

Carles.

qn
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:CarlesColl)

Hi Carles,

Do you know if a request about the TimeZone support is created ? I'll vote up. By the way, if you don't mind, I'd like to know if it's possible for you to share your custom widgets with TimeZone support.

Best regards,

Quang-Dung

qngo
5-Regular Member

Hello,

To come back to the subject, I've just "upvote" the enhancement request related (https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS215036). Do you have any updates on this by any chance ?

Not so far, I've asked a lot for it, but never get a straight answer, neither I think it's on the roadmap.

Hi Quang-Dung,

I have a big request about TimeZone support, speaking with TW product owners and so, but really I don't know if they took it seriously

Please push them up too. As more customers ask for it at the end they will have to.

For now I can't share it, TW Team have it, I've shared with them already.

Best Regards,

Carles.

qn
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

As what they told me, if a request of an enhancement is created, the users can "vote" it up by mentioning the same "content, title, subject, reference, etc". Is there a public document / article with a number of reference for the request ?

Thouse are the references I have:

• MASHUP-3746
  • MASHUP-3747
qn
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Unfortunately, these references did not give me anything by searching on the support platform. An example of reference: CS222878 (https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS222878). Or maybe a public request was not created..

There's no official article about it, by the way, I think Articles can't be voted.

The references I've passed to you where internal Jira Bugs they use, you can talk with support and speak about it.

Carles

qn
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
Top Tags