cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Mashup flashing while redirecting

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Mashup flashing while redirecting

Hi Folks,

I have a Home Mashup for the FormLogin Mashup (Thingworx built-in) and as per logic it should be loaded for the first time.And whenever user login again,that home Mashup shouldn't be loaded but some other Mashup.In simple words,Whenever user login second or more time,he/she should be redirected to another page instead of that Home Mashup.

For this, I'm checking User's login status if its first time or not and redirecting accordingly. It redirecting the user but whenever user login for the second time,that Home Mashup flashes for a second before getting to the desired page.

Example: Whenever User logs-in Thingworx composer for the first time,he/she sees a Terms and Conditions pop-up and second time it redirects directly to Composer.I want exactly this to be implemented.

Thanks,

Tarun

6 REPLIES 6

Create a new mashup that just does the redirect ( the first time to the Terms and conditions, and the other times to the real Home Mashup ), this new mashup kind be kind of "Loading..." or splash screen alike.

Hi Carles,

This is not possible in my case.

To validate if user need to be navigated to either of the Mashups,need to have some history of TermsConditions Page for that User and if we implement your above strategy,it will load before TermsConditions page always and for the first time,for that User.

Yes but this is a splash screen page ( can be just a Loading... text ), where it's the problem?

Hi Carles,

Pleas find attached Entities.

Here you have a sample of splash screen for the entities you gave me.

But your TestMashup123 has some errors errors :

• validator-12 shouldn't be triggered by Mashup>Loaded event as already you have a AutoEvaluate=true and GetGlobalSessionBooleanPropertyOnCall it's already triggered by Mashup>Loaded )
  • validator-12 has Output set to true, you should reset it.
  • You don't need to pass User name to the Set and Get GlobalSesssion... services, already on server side you can ask for current user name, and thus will be more secure otherwise with your current methods any user can accept terms and conditions from any other user!

Best Regards,

Carles.

Let me use this modified entities. Will let you know the outcome

Top Tags