cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Unable to get straight line parallel to Y axis on line chart?

bgupta-2
9-Granite

Unable to get straight line parallel to Y axis on line chart?

Dear Team,

How to get straight line parallel to Y axis on line chart?

My data points. Flow as X axis  , Efficiency as Y axis .

My chart is showing

Here x axis has same value i.e. 10.8 against y axis

But instead of x axis starting from 0.0  it is starting 10.8 .

15 REPLIES 15

This label chart in which I am using line chart

I don't think it will render as you expect with label chart...

Did you tried XY Chart?

In xy chart it is showing as require. But I need to show in line chart.

Thanks Carles,

My requirement is as shown in below figure. I am showing line chart . On curve peak point need to draw line to x axis which is parallel to Y axis. such thing newd to show in line chart

Can you add up fake data points to increase X Axis ( minimum =0 and maximum= 20 for instance ) ?

You can set it on a separate series and also set it ( the fake ones ) to Marker only.

Thanks Carles,

In XY chart it is showing properly  as shown below,

But when I am implementing in line chart and selecting as marker it is showing as below.Here problem with x axis.

Why X axis is not showing as per expectationsin marker( in label chart).

But XY can be only line without markers also.

Hi Carles,

My questions is why x axis is not showing properly in line chart. But same thing properly showing in XY chart.

Is anything wrong?

I don't know exactly your configuration, but yes TW it's sometimes tricky with the Charts.

I am very glad, if you send me some example in line chart as shown in diagram.

I can't man, getting the right result it's your job, and as said can be tricky and also you may end up with not the exact solution, but the best approximation and you will have to decide what you accept as approximation.

Thanks Carles

DeShengXu
6-Contributor
(To:bgupta-2)

this is exactly the same issue I'm facing. in order to create the vertical line, I have to create a "large set of " fake data and insert the real data point in the middle. But at the end, it will show up as a narrow triangle.

so far, this is the workaround I'm using. Mean/Nominal/USL/LSL in this chart should be a vertical line.

I'm considering to create a widget to support this when I have bandwidth.

Top Tags