cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Connect locally hosted foundation server to AR experience

vjain-21
1-Newbie

Connect locally hosted foundation server to AR experience

We have a foundation server setup locally. I want to connect my Studio experience to this local server so that i can access the IoT data from this server and display it in the experience.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can use Federation to connect your ThingWorx instances. Check out this document for some additional 'How To' information. TWX Federation Setup Guide.docx

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You can use Federation to connect your ThingWorx instances. Check out this document for some additional 'How To' information. TWX Federation Setup Guide.docx

Tara McCombie​ Thanks for the document. Need to clarify two things :

1. Here for the federation to work the thingworx instance need to be live. I guess there is no way of testing it with instance running locally on my system.?

2. The federation is essentially needed to connect my hosted thingworx composer/instance/foundation server with PTC hosted Experience server?

Hi Vivek,

I'm not clear on your first question. You should be able to configure the federation between a locally hosted ThingWorx instance and the hosted instance.

Yes, the federation is used to connect both of your ThingWorx instances. The ThingWorx instance that is hosted is used to authenticate users to the Experience Service.

Thanks Tara McCombie​ i was able to setup the federation, though the document is not enough. I found a youtube video which is of much help.

I am sharing it here if someone needs ThingWorxFederation - YouTube

Top Tags