cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Data Export Extension not importing, won't validate!

aseaton
7-Bedrock

Data Export Extension not importing, won't validate!

This extension won't validate, help please...

data export ext not working.PNG

I have followed the guide and no success, could there be an issue with the extension itself?

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jamesm1
5-Regular Member
(To:aseaton)

Hey Andy,

It appears this is due to a .jar conflict (specifically bcprov-jdk14-1.38.jar) with Thingworx 7.4+ (well, I am testing on 8.0, so I am making an assumption here). I can remove this jar and successfully get the package to import -- you can try the copy I have here: Dropbox - DataExporterExtension_v1.0.zip -- but I can't guarantee the extension will still work as intended (a different version of that library appears to come with the TWX platform).

As this is a Thingworx Labs extension, it is tested but not officially supported; see the marketplace posting:

Support

This item has been tested and certified by ThingWorx to successfully work with the ThingWorx platform, however this item is not currently supported by ThingWorx. By utilizing this item you acknowledge that the content is provided in ‘as-is’ condition and support will not be provided.

Beyond this, if you are still having issues, we may need to track down the developer and see if they are willing to share their project code and/or provide an update to support more recent versions of TWX.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jamesm1
5-Regular Member

Hey Andy,

Are there any more details in the Thingworx Application logs? It may be that it is incompatible with your version of Thingworx?

Thanks!

aseaton
7-Bedrock
(To:jamesm1)

Hi James,

There are no details in the logs. I am using version 7.4.0-b159.

Andy

jamesm1
5-Regular Member

Hey Andy,

It looks like you might be trying to import the TW_Download_Data Export Extension.zip directly; but after looking at this download on the marketplace it appears the extension is actually zipped in a subfolder of that archive, Data Exporter Extension Package, as DataExporterExtension_v1.0.zip

Can you try unzipping DataExporterExtension_v1.0.zip and importing that as the extension, instead of the wrapper archive?

aseaton
7-Bedrock

I get the following error message after your suggestion:

data export ext not working.PNG

different from before in that there is no message. Difficult to see where to go from here, also nothing in the logs.

Appreciate your response.

Andy

jamesm1
5-Regular Member

Hey Andy,

It appears this is due to a .jar conflict (specifically bcprov-jdk14-1.38.jar) with Thingworx 7.4+ (well, I am testing on 8.0, so I am making an assumption here). I can remove this jar and successfully get the package to import -- you can try the copy I have here: Dropbox - DataExporterExtension_v1.0.zip -- but I can't guarantee the extension will still work as intended (a different version of that library appears to come with the TWX platform).

As this is a Thingworx Labs extension, it is tested but not officially supported; see the marketplace posting:

Support

This item has been tested and certified by ThingWorx to successfully work with the ThingWorx platform, however this item is not currently supported by ThingWorx. By utilizing this item you acknowledge that the content is provided in ‘as-is’ condition and support will not be provided.

Beyond this, if you are still having issues, we may need to track down the developer and see if they are willing to share their project code and/or provide an update to support more recent versions of TWX.

aseaton
7-Bedrock

Thanks for the fantastic support James - i shall try to use your copy and hopefully my requirements can be met.

Andy

Top Tags