cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

X-Axis labels are cut off on Label Chart

rflanagan
5-Regular Member

X-Axis labels are cut off on Label Chart

I've found that the X-Axis labels are often cut off on the right hand side of a Label Chart.  Is there a way to fix this to show the full value?  It should show 400 in the chart below.  I'm on version 7.2.5.-b56.

labelcut.PNG

6 REPLIES 6

I'm interested too

jamesm1
5-Regular Member
(To:rflanagan)

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but have you tried the new chart widgets available on the marketplace? I find they render much more nicely than the old chart widgets: https://marketplace.thingworx.com/tools/custom-chart-widget

as for the old chart widgets, the best bet is the xaxisLabelRotation property to rotate the label until it is in view.

Hi James, yes it renders better, but has a low less features than the standard ones...

(Also we have the standard ones customized to support TimeZone )

rflanagan
5-Regular Member

I found a quasi-solution for time series charts and label charts with a vertical chart orientation.  If you add a secondary Y axis and clear out the secondary Y axis formatting, you get some extra label space on the right.  It doesn't work with the horizontal label chart above but has fixed my other charts.

labels.PNG

rflanagan
5-Regular Member

Adding a legend to the right hand side with a cleared format helps for horizontal label charts like above (assuming you don't need the legend!).

Manirajan
4-Participant

Hi, 

It can be rectified by adding the Longest X-Axis Label to X-Axis Format. It worked for me. 

Regards,

Manirajan.V

Top Tags