cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Thingworx Dataconnect Configration

yingziDing
4-Participant

Thingworx Dataconnect Configration

Hi,

I have deployed ThingWorx Analytics and DataConnect on the same machine. It seems that the dataconnect doesn't work.

When i try the url "http://192.168.7.139:8080/twxml-connect/1.0/about/versioninfo", there is an error.

QQ图片20170815150940.png

This is my dataconnect.conf.

001.png

And the information about the database i used in the postgresql and the password is "password".

0002.png

4 REPLIES 4
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:yingziDing)

Hi

Could you please provide the information below:

- version of ThingWorx Analytics Server you deployed

- version of DataConnect

- in the browser you use 192.168.7.139 but in the configuration you use localhost ... was it because the browser is from a remote machine ?

- is 192.168.7.139  the ip of the host for DataConnect

Could you also upload:

- <Tomcat>/logs folder

- /opt/dataconnect/logs folder

Have you also looked at this blog: How to use DataConnect when sending property values from the ThingWorx platform to ThingWorx Analytics. ?

The dataconnect.webservices.uri is probably missing the port number, but  I would not expect it to prevent the access as you have.

Thanks

Christophe

yingziDing
4-Participant
(To:cmorfin)

- The version of ThingWorx Analytics Server and DataConnect is 52.1

- The ThingWorx Analytics and DataConnect was deployed in VM and system is Centos 7 minimal, and ip is 192.168.7.139

- 192.168.7.139 is the host of DataConnect

I have read the blog.

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:yingziDing)

Hi

Thank you for that.

The application does not deploy properly because of this error:

"org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (FATAL: password authentication failed for user "dcuser")"

So you would want to double check the password for dcuser in postgres.

Also please review the DataConnect user's guide. When using Postgres there are some additional settigns to be done that are docuemtned.

You are missing one entry in dataconnect.conf and I would guess the same is true for tomcat.conf

Thanks

Christophe

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:cmorfin)

Hi

In addition to what I mentionned earlier it would be good to know what version of Analytics Server and DataConnect you are trying to install.

Also, you could get a similar error ("org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (FATAL: password authentication failed for user "dcuser")") if DataConnect has been deployed twice.

You can check this by executing ls <Tomcat>/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/com/coldlight

If the content of this directory is another directory named dataconnect, then you have two deployment of DataConnect, one as ROOT application and one as twxml-connect.

You woudl then need to delete the <Tomcat>/webappps/twxml-connect directory and twxml-connect.war file, then restart Tomcat.

The URL to access DataConnect will then be htp://server:port/1.0/about/versioninfo

If the content of <Tomcat>/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/com/coldlight is neuron, then you have ThingWorx Analytics Server deployed as ROOT and therefore the password error shoudl be relevant.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Christophe

Top Tags