cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Is it possible to install both Thingworx and Thingworx Analytics in a same host via docker ?

weli
12-Amethyst

Is it possible to install both Thingworx and Thingworx Analytics in a same host via docker ?

Hi,

I already installed a Thingworx Analytics Server in my Win7 laptop by docker, and it works fine. After that I install Thingworx-H2-Docker, it seems TWA got covered because we are using same machine name "DockerMachinePTC", I can't start TWA server again.

So my first question is how can I install both Thingworx and Thingworx Analytics server in a same host via docker?

I can access Thingworx composer succesfully. But when I stop the virtual box process. and run the following command from "Docker Quickstart Terminal":

docker run installer/twx/thingworx-enterprise-foundation-h2:8.0.2-b67

I got message:

No custom license specified. Starting with trial license

2017-08-15 03:19:40.816+0000 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] ====================================================================

2017-08-15 03:19:40.816+0000 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] /ThingworxPlatform/license.bin: license file does not exist!

2017-08-15 03:19:40.816+0000 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] ====================================================================

2017-08-15 03:19:40.816+0000 [L: WARN] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxServer] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Shutting down the Platform.

Because of license issue, thingworx shutted down. But at the beginning,thingworx works fine, so I think I should set license file in the command, but I don't find any document about this.

Anyone can help me ?

Thanks & Best Regards

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:weli)

Hi Tom

To answer your first question, you cannot install both ThingWorx Analytics Server and ThingWorx platform as docker container on the same machine.
This is somethign that will get improved in future release.

For now if you need both solutions on the same platform you will need to install ThingWorx Analytics Server as a docker container (this is the only media available) and deploy ThingWorx platform outside docker in a native Tomcat.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Hi Tom,

For Docker install for ThingWorx on Win7, in the 4th step in the step-by-step installation, it will ask for the license file location:

Be sure you have downloaded your License file locally or you could visit the PTC website to download one(link is provided in the bottom of the install).

Hope this helps,

Br,

Anna

weli
12-Amethyst
(To:AnnaAn)

Hi Anna,

I have specified license fine. I created a new post to describe my issue in detail

Can't sucessfully install Thingworx(ThingWorx-Platform-Docker-Installer-H2-8-0-2 SP2) by docker toolbox in Win7 OS

Thanks & Best Regards

Tom

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Tom

To answer your first question, you cannot install both ThingWorx Analytics Server and ThingWorx platform as docker container on the same machine.
This is somethign that will get improved in future release.

For now if you need both solutions on the same platform you will need to install ThingWorx Analytics Server as a docker container (this is the only media available) and deploy ThingWorx platform outside docker in a native Tomcat.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

weli
12-Amethyst
(To:cmorfin)

Thanks, Christophe. I got your point.

Top Tags