cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Problem using SelectedRow(s) when property is an Infotable.

aseaton
7-Bedrock

Problem using SelectedRow(s) when property is an Infotable.

Hi,

I have a mashup which  contains a grid. In the grid i am loading data from an infotable property. When i double click the grid i want to navigate to another mashup and pass a parameter. The parameter is one of the grid fields. I think this can be achieved by drilling down into the SelectedRow(s) of the Returned Data ​and then drilling down further to the SelectedRow(s) ​of the infotable property and then dragging my required property into the corresponding parameter of the navigation widget.

OPENSTEETMAP QUERY.PNG

If this data is loaded to the navigation widget parameter on the selection of a row, the double click event of the grid should navigate to the new mashup with the appropriate parameter. At the moment i cannot see any data being loaded when i make a grid selected. I have tried to view the ​AssetName ​using a textbox widget to prove the concept. I can achieve my requirements when i manually insert a parameter into the the navigation widget but the overall requirement is to use the grid. Can anyone assist?

Regards,

Andy

7 REPLIES 7
aseaton
7-Bedrock
(To:aseaton)

Selected rows of an infotable property.PNG

aseaton
7-Bedrock

Carles Coll​ Please help!

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Hi Andrew,

you can use "Mashup parameter" to pass data to the "Navigation" mashup.

You can try this: Re: How to pass parent mashup's parameters to contained mashup?

Regards,

Tarun

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for your response. This is what i am doing at the moment - the problem is that no data is coming from the ​AssetName ​field from the SelectedRow(s) ​of the infotable property.

regards,

Andy

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Please check:

1. Things_LPN : Properties are linked,if any ThingShape is used.

2. Try testing"GetPropertyValues" service directly from Things_LPN and check it returns some output.

As you said,you are not getting data from service then you need to debug that service script to get the required infotable output.

I have tried to test the Thing_LPN in isolation. Using the GetPropertyValues service - this thing is based on a generic thing. When i bind the infotable property to grid number 1 i can see the contents of the property - when i select a row and this should is bound to another grid, grid number 2, i see no result in this second grid.

I have tried to delete the thing and re-create but still no success. Any more ideas?

Appreciated,

Andy

I have given up on trying to use the SelectedRow(s) of the GetPropertyValues service. I have solved this by writing a service to simply return the infotable property i wanted.

Thanks again for your help!

BW,

Andy

Top Tags