cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Can I write service in php or java ? If so, then how to do that?

mrastogi
5-Regular Member

Can I write service in php or java ? If so, then how to do that?

I need to execute a cmd command[java -jar example.jar] on a remote server. This server name will be given as input from another service.  I am not able to figure out how to do this. Javascript service will not be able to do that.

5 REPLIES 5
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:mrastogi)

You may look into developing your own ThingWorx extension in Java. Documentation attached.

mrastogi
5-Regular Member
(To:posipova)

Yes I am following the same. Thanks !

mrastogi
5-Regular Member
(To:posipova)

HI Polina Osipova

I have created a thingworx Thing project in Eclipse which has one service as well. Now I don't know how to export that project as extension so that I can import it in my ThingWorx Studio.

Thanks

Mayank

posipova
20-Turquoise

I'm not sure about the Studio specifics and whether those extensions differ much from the core. giri could you please provide some input?

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Mayank Rastogi​ : Hello Mayank, you will have first build your Java extension project code using Gradle or Ant in Eclipse. On successful Build completion you will get a .Zip file created under your eclipse workspace folder \ProjectName\build\distributions\xxx.zip.

This zip file is your extension having required Thing and Service code. You can import this extension in ThingWorx like any other extension.On successful import of extension you can see the required Thing and can execute service.

In ThingWorx Studio, you can add your custom service to your project by clicking + on External Data under DATA.

Hope it helps !!

-Durgesh

Top Tags