cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Thingworx platform postgreSQL 8.0.2 installation

achaube
7-Bedrock

Thingworx platform postgreSQL 8.0.2 installation

Hello ,

I have installed Thingworx 8.0.2 as per the installation guide and used psotgresql database but while launching the application i am getting a white screen ,below is the attached application logs .

can any body guide for a solution for the same.

I have given all the necessary permission to the thingworx storage folders adn also verfied the postgresql tables as suggested in some of the post on the community .

Kind Regards,

Amar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:achaube)

[I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: http-nio-8080-exec-9] [message: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!]

Indicates your platform cannot speak to the database. What is your Postgresql version? How many tables were created?

Could you please attach your platform-settings.json?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
posipova
20-Turquoise

[I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: http-nio-8080-exec-9] [message: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!]

Indicates your platform cannot speak to the database. What is your Postgresql version? How many tables were created?

Could you please attach your platform-settings.json?

jdass
12-Amethyst
(To:posipova)

Also , check if the location of ThingworxStorage and ThingworxBackupStorage has been moved from the default location C:\ . If so, then the location needs to be mentioned in the platfom-settings.json file . For example:

"PlatformSettingsConfig": {

"BasicSettings": {

"BackupStorage": "D:\\ThingworxBackupStorage",

"Storage": "D:\\ThingworxStorage"

}

},

achaube
7-Bedrock

Hello ,

Thanks for replying .

1.My PostgreSQL version is 9.4 attaching the screenshots for the same in below attached file .

2.About the platform.settings i have tried changing the password with 'password ' and with 'admin1234' which is my postgres password while installing PostgreSQL

3.The location of my Thingworx storage and ThingworxbackupStorage is same which is in C:\ ,but i have installed PostgreSQL in another drive and also specified the location in the environment variable 'THINGWORX_PLATFROM_SETTINGS'.

Kind Regards ,

Amar.

posipova
20-Turquoise

If you open your browser developer tools, can you see if there are any errors in the network activity when trying to load ThingWorx? The environment variable should specify the ThingworxPlatform folder location

achaube
7-Bedrock

Hello ,

When i changed my Password in platform.settings.json to twadmin password and it sloved the error.

Thanks for all your help .

Kind Regards,

Amar.

Top Tags