cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Error importing: error, Not Acceptable

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Error importing: error, Not Acceptable

I'm trying to import an entity (Entities.xml) from one machine to another and getting below errors.

1. Internal error: com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.

2. [message: [1,013] Data store invalid session error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.]]

Note: both the machines has same configuration and TWX version.

What could be the reason of it?

12 REPLIES 12
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Hi Tarun,  does the import works in different machine, i.e. the machine from where you have exported this current entity? If you have a tool something like Notepad++ you can open this entity.xml and check if it really is UTF-8, it shows up somewhere down right bottom in notepad++

Hi Sushant,

one is Dev machine and another is Test machine with same TWX instance. I took export from DEV and tried to import into Test but failed.

And yes exported file has encoding as UTF-8.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Could you please add  the screenshot of the status bar of Notepad++ where you have this file opened just just to confirm that Notepad++ also sees the encoding as UTF-8 (as mentioned in the screenshot i have shared above)

Thanks

jdass
12-Amethyst
TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot
(To:jdass)

Hi Janet,

Code was already UTF-8 and I have already tried this but no luck

jdass
12-Amethyst

Hi Tarun,

Could you provide a screenshot of your Java tab in Tomcat Configuration ?

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

I can't provide Tomcat configure window screenshot.

"Catalina.sh" is fine?

Didn't setup tomcat using exe file. I can provide you Conf files,if you want.

jdass
12-Amethyst

Yes , please attach your Catalina.sh .

jdass
12-Amethyst

Tomcat configuration recommendations

If you are using Windows operating system , read the above link to create a setenv.bat  file and place it in the Tomcat bin directory.The setenv.bat is run by catalina.bat. Now add the below line in the file setenv.bat

set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dfile.encoding=UTF8"

If you are using linux , then do the same in setenv.sh.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

I think its good hint from Janet, also a 2nd look at the screenshot shows that you are working on Macintosh environment and the encoding is UTF w/o BOM and not just UTF-8 i am still not 100% if this is an issue but you could check this thread for the difference https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2223882/whats-different-between-utf-8-and-utf-8-without-bom

Top Tags