cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

HTML5 Video error

ydai
1-Newbie

HTML5 Video error

HI

I import the HTML5Video widget to ThingWorx platform, and the extension management shows it imports successfully. But when I want to show the local video (.mp4 file), I am sure I set the right file location. the Mashup shows nothing. I refresh the ThingWorx platform, reload the widget again and again

And the application log shows nothing.

But the page Show/Hide log tells me that:

12:36:30 ERROR - TW.Runtime.Workspace.Mashups.getWidget exception loading widget {   name: Error,12:36:30 ERROR - TW.Runtime.Workspace.Mashups.getWidget exception loading widget {   name: Error,   message: HTML5Videodoesn't exist   message: HTML5Videodoesn't exist

My Thingworx platform version: 7.1.2-b6. Looking forward to you reply. Thanks a lot.

5 REPLIES 5
jdass
12-Amethyst
(To:ydai)

Hi Yijun ,

The user guide says that the location should be something like http://localhost/Thingworx/aaa.mp4 if the file can be accessed from the internet directly. Also refer to the User Guide for browser compatibility.

Hi Yijun,

Whenever you see messages like "HTML5Videodoesn't exist" please Ctrl+F5, or clear the browser cache.

The message is displayed because you (the page) are/is still using the older Extensions JS, which doesn't contain the code for the widget you just imported.

Thanks. I clear the browser cache, delete the Thingworx files in Tomcat. It works now.

Hi,

There is a conflict between some extensions. If I deleted all extensions and import only HTML5, it will work.

Hi,

I would like to know which extensions caused the conflict if possible.

The widget is really light on HTML content, so it should not have any dependencies issues with other widgets.

Top Tags