cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Thingworx Studio Trial Error Loading

SM_8300031
2-Guest

Thingworx Studio Trial Error Loading

I signed up for the 90-day trial yesterday and have been unable to get into the thingworx studio. I get stuck on the loading page when I try to get in through Google Chrome and when I open the desktop app. The app says "Error occurred, check log" and there are quite a few errors in the error log. Any tips for troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:SM_8300031)

Susan Martin​ :Could you please attach the Studio application log file to review and advise.

-Durgesh

Hi Durgesh,

I have attached my error log. Thanks for your help!

Susan

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Susan Martin​: Thank you for sharing the Studio logs.It seems you are upgrading from very old release 1.8 to 8.0.2 and might be stopping the setup.

I would suggest to re-install clean-state of ThingWorx Studio Application.

Request to restore and backup projects( C:\Users\SusanMartin(TowardZe\Documents\ThingWorxStudio\Projects\) before doing re-installation.In case projects are not of real use for you and then you may leave it over there.

After fresh installation try copying backup projects in the ThingWorx Studio folder and restart the application.

Hope it helps.

-Durgesh

Durgesh Patel : How interesting! I did not have an old version of Thingworx; I installed the Thingworx Studio from the homepage after signing up for the free trial.

I uninstalled everything, did a fresh install, but received an error message. I ended up installing node.js and that seems to have solved the errors and everything seems to be running now. Should node.js have been included in the original install?

Thanks!

Susan

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Susan Martin​ : Yes, Node.js is required and should be installed as part of Studio installer. Wondering if you get any error or message while installing Studio ?

Glad that you are all set to kick Start with Studio.

-Durgesh

Hi Durgesh Patel-- I am still receiving an error when I try to save or publish the project. Please advise on how I can remedy this. Thanks!Capture.JPG

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Susan Martin​: There seems to be issue now appearing due to external Nodejs installation as the project location path been formed is incorrect.

The correct path should be something like ...\Projects\StudioSampleQuadcopter\gulp-shared.js.

Are you having issue with all your projects when doing save or publish project ?

Top Tags