cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Post a row to append in infotable through REST Api

pmishra-4
1-Newbie

Post a row to append in infotable through REST Api

I want to insert a row in infotable named 'AlertTable' .I am posting through Postman. My JSON is:-

{

"AlertTable": {

"fieldDefinitions": {

"AlertDateTime": {

"name": "AlertDateTime",

"description": "",

"baseType": "STRING",

"ordinal": 1,

"aspects": {}

},

"AlertType": {

"name": "AlertType",

"ordinal": 2,

},

"Description": {

"name": "Description",

"ordinal": 4,

},

"Location": {

"name": "Location",

"ordinal": 4,

},

"Speed": {

"name": "Speed",

"baseType": "INTEGER",

"ordinal": 3,

},

"VehicleNo": {

"name": "VehicleNo",

"ordinal": 3,

}

}

},

"rows": [{

"AlertDateTime": "18_08_2017",

"AlertType": "OverSpeeding",

"Description": "AlertFound",

"Location": "Mumbai",

"Speed": "212",

"VehicleNo": "Wb222111_1"

}]

}

But it's giving error as :-

Unable To Convert From org.json.JSONObject to INFOTABLE

4 REPLIES 4
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:pmishra-4)

Hi Prabhat, could you share the HTTP call you are making which is transferring this data to ThingWorx?

Hi Sushant,

Below is the code behind http rest call

HttpResponse<String> response = Unirest.put("http://localhost:8080/Thingworx/Things/AlertVehicle/Properties/AlertTable")

.header("rest_thing_api", "e3c27605-2c66-40d6-b914-4a6bf57c1f33")

.header("userid", "Administrator")

.header("password", "admin")

.header("content-type", "application/json")

.header("cache-control", "no-cache")

.header("postman-token", "7613da3e-7d91-a41a-dd04-cc06981d9371")

.body("{\r\n\t\"AlertTable\": {\r\n\t\t\"fieldDefinitions\": {\r\n\t\t\t\"AlertDateTime\": {\r\n\t\t\t\t\"name\": \"AlertDateTime\",\r\n\t\t\t\t\"description\": \"\",\r\n\t\t\t\t\"baseType\": \"STRING\",\r\n\t\t\t\t\"ordinal\": 1,\r\n\t\t\t\t\"aspects\": {}\r\n\t\t\t},\r\n\t\t\t\"AlertType\": {\r\n\t\t\t\t\"name\": \"AlertType\",\r\n\t\t\t\t\"description\": \"\",\r\n\t\t\t\t\"baseType\": \"STRING\",\r\n\t\t\t\t\"ordinal\": 2,\r\n\t\t\t\t\"aspects\": {}\r\n\t\t\t},\r\n\t\t\t\"Description\": {\r\n\t\t\t\t\"name\": \"Description\",\r\n\t\t\t\t\"description\": \"\",\r\n\t\t\t\t\"baseType\": \"STRING\",\r\n\t\t\t\t\"ordinal\": 4,\r\n\t\t\t\t\"aspects\": {}\r\n\t\t\t},\r\n\t\t\t\"Location\": {\r\n\t\t\t\t\"name\": \"Location\",\r\n\t\t\t\t\"description\": \"\",\r\n\t\t\t\t\"baseType\": \"STRING\",\r\n\t\t\t\t\"ordinal\": 4,\r\n\t\t\t\t\"aspects\": {}\r\n\t\t\t},\r\n\t\t\t\"Speed\": {\r\n\t\t\t\t\"name\": \"Speed\",\r\n\t\t\t\t\"description\": \"\",\r\n\t\t\t\t\"baseType\": \"INTEGER\",\r\n\t\t\t\t\"ordinal\": 3,\r\n\t\t\t\t\"aspects\": {}\r\n\t\t\t},\r\n\t\t\t\"VehicleNo\": {\r\n\t\t\t\t\"name\": \"VehicleNo\",\r\n\t\t\t\t\"description\": \"\",\r\n\t\t\t\t\"baseType\": \"STRING\",\r\n\t\t\t\t\"ordinal\": 3,\r\n\t\t\t\t\"aspects\": {}\r\n\t\t\t}\r\n\t\t}\r\n\t},\r\n\t\"rows\": [{\r\n\t\t\"AlertDateTime\": \"18_08_2017\",\r\n\t\t\"AlertType\": \"OverSpeeding\",\r\n\t\t\"Description\": \"AlertFound\",\r\n\t\t\"Location\": \"Mumbai\",\r\n\t\t\"Speed\": \"212\",\r\n\t\t\"VehicleNo\": \"Wb222111_1\"\r\n\r\n\t}]\r\n}")

.asString();RestCall.png

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:pmishra-4)

I have not seen in full detail but the call appears to be correct and assuming the JSON is formatted correctly, have you verified if the datashape assigned to Infotable is correct? I'd also recommend if you can check this post REST API Overview and Examples esp. the section in REST API Examples showing multiple property updates via Postman 

JSON is correctly formatted . Also , error is :-

Unable To Convert From org.json.JSONObject to INFOTABLE

This means JSON Formatt is correct.

Do i will have to explicitly parse the JSON into infotable?

Top Tags