cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

AppHomePage-extension license

ddecesaris
6-Contributor

AppHomePage-extension license

I'm trying to import the TWX Manufacturing extension on top of TWX Foundation 8 clean installation. While I'm able to import the extension-dependencies package, I receive the following error when I try to import the extension package:

license.png

If I check on Licensing Subsystem monitoring I can see the following result:

monitoring.png

indicating no licensed features related to Manufacturing Apps (I've just tried to execute the AcquireLicense service of LicensingSubsystem, but I get the same result).

How can I import the Manufacturing license into my TWX 8 server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Steven,

This problem can be fixed with a new license file -  please reach out to sales for assistance in getting a new license.

Thanks!

Milan

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hello David,

1. Please confirm, did you receive a zip folder containing two zip files? As of the current release, these will be:

ThingworxManufacturingApps-8.0.0-00-extension-dependencies.zip

ThingworxManufacturingApps-8.0.0-00-extension.zip

2. It is necessary to unzip the zip containing the two separate zip folders, first

3. Now, import the 'ThingworxManufacturingApps-8.0.0-00-extension-dependencies.zip'

4. Refresh the window

5. Import the 'ThingworxManufacturingApps-8.0.0-00-extension.zip'

6. Refresh the window again

After following the steps above, are you still seeing the same results?

Best regards,

Steven Marchessault

Technical Support Engineer | Kepware Technologies

Hi Steven,

I confirm you that I follow all the steps exactly in the order you wrote. The extension-dependencies package is imported without errors, while the extension package have troubles as I reported in the first post of this topic.

Hello David,

Okay, thank you for confirming that. Please follow these steps to update your current ThingWorx Platform 8.0 license to include the Manufacturing Apps:

1. Log into the PTC Support site

2. Click Manage Licenses

3. Click PTC ThingWorx>PTC Licensing Tool

4. Click Download

5. Rename the file to license.bin and place it in the ThingworxPlatform folder

Source: "How to obtain the license.bin file for PTC ThingWorx 8.0"

https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/173731/en/ThingWorxManufacturingAppsSetup_8-0-1.pdf

Best regards,

Steven Marchessault

Hello David,

I've already downloaded the license file from Licensing Management and placed in the correct folder before writing the post.

Hello Davide,

Refer to the more detailed steps outlined in the 'Installing ThingWorx 8.0' guide:

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/173115/en/Installing_ThingWorx_8.0_1.1_.pdf

"..3. If you have not already done so, create a folder called ThingworxPlatform at the root of the drive where Tomcat was installed. NOTE: Ensure the ThingWorx server has Read and Write access to the ThingworxPlatform and ThingworxStorage folders. Without these permissions, the server will fail to start.

4. Obtain the license.bin file from the PTC Support site:

a. Log into the PTC Support site.

b. Click Manage Licenses.

c. Click PTC ThingWorx>PTC Licensing Tool.

d. Click Download.

5. Rename the file to license.bin and place it in the ThingworxPlatform folder. NOTE: Failure to place the license.bin in the ThingworxPlatform folder will result in ThingWorx not starting after deployment."

6. After following these steps, be sure to close the Composer window and restart Tomcat.

If you are still unable to import the Extensions, then you will need to follow the recommendations included in the same Thingworx guide for this error:

Issue:

The following error message is received when importing a PTC licensed extension: “is licensed but cannot find feature in license.bin file”

Possible Resolution:

Visit the Manage Licenses section on the PTC Support site to confirm the correct license file that matches your entitlement. If you need further assistance with your licenses, please contact the License Management team.

To submit a ticket with the License Management team, select the link to "Open a License Management Case Online" found on this page:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/lm/index.jsp

Please let us know how it goes, or if you have any other questions for us.

Best regards,

Steven Marchessault

mthakker
6-Contributor
(To:ddecesaris)

Hey Davide,

Sounds like you have an error with which user you're logging in as.  Can you log in as the default user (Administrator)?

Thanks,

Milan

ddecesaris
6-Contributor
(To:mthakker)

Hey Milan,

I was logged as Administrator when I received the error.

Hello Davide,

Please provide an update on the status of this problem, particularly the cause of this error:

"AppHomePage-extension:8.0.0  |  AppHomePage-extension is licensed but cannot find feature in license.bin file"

We are committed to assisting you with getting this to work, and it will surely benefit this Community to know how the resolution was reached. If it has not yet been resolved, we can assist with submitting a support ticket to our License Management team.

Best regards,

Steven Marchessault

Hi Steven,

This problem can be fixed with a new license file -  please reach out to sales for assistance in getting a new license.

Thanks!

Milan

Hello,

Since the same error was displayed, I contributed.
We download necessary files from PTC site.
The environment is used from Remote Desktop from AWS.

1) After installing Thingworx_8_0_1,
Importing ThingworxManufacturingApps - 8.0.0 - 00 - extension - dependencies does not cause problems.
When you import ThingworxManufacturingApps - 8.0.0 - 00 - extension,
As a result, the following error appears.
"AppHomePage-extension is licensed but can not find feature in license.bin file."
01_Import_Extension.png
2) License is obtained from PTC support site and as described in Installing commentary
I changed the name of the file to license.bin and put it in the ThingworxPlatform folder.
02_license.png
3) When "localhost / Thingworx / FormLogin / Welcome" is executed from the web, the following will be displayed.
"The named organization Welcome does not exist"
The reason is that "Organizaition" does not have "Welcome", so it has not been successfully imported.
03_Organization created.png
4) I also confirmed this community, but it will not be resolved.
https://community.ptc.com/t5/Manufacturing-Apps/AppHomePage-extension-license/m-p/512134#61093
Did you solve with this correct answer?

Is there any other cause.

Regards,

takashi

mthakker
6-Contributor
(To:tikegami)

Hi Takashi,

Instead of going to the form-login, can you try going to the Factory.Console mashup?

Thanks,

Milan

Hello Milan,

Always thank you for your help.

It will be under evaluation now.

Open "FactoryConsole" from "Thingworx Composer" and execute "View Mashup".

Do you mean to perform many operations from "FactoryConsole"?

FactoryConsole.png

If you make a mistake, please point out.

Best regards,

takashi

Hi

PTC.FactoryConsole (as shown above) is the landing page for Factory Solution.By Navigating from this page, you should able to access all the factory apps and its functionalities based on available license.

Thanks,

Varathan

Top Tags