cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to make connection parameter of an extension thing configurable

ds-21
1-Newbie

How to make connection parameter of an extension thing configurable

HI,

I have a connection parameter which needs to be updated from a properties file on startup. Please advise the approaches for the same.

Thanks,

Dinesh

2 REPLIES 2
jdass
12-Amethyst
(To:ds-21)

Hi Dinesh,

What is the extension that you are using? Could you please elaborate on the use case? I'm not sure if this what you are looking for , but generally you can use the configuration page of the extension thing to do so.

Hi Janet,

We are using ActiveMQ extension. We are trying to set the Broker address reading from the configuration file. We are able to read it and set it using SetConfigurationTable. Please note that we have tried calling saveconfigurationtable, enablething and restartthing after SetConfigurationTable. Now when we hit SendMessage service (which sends message to Queue), it throws an error "Could not create Transport. Reason: java.io.IOException: Transport not scheme specified: [?connectionTimeout=2000]". This might be because that the configuration is not effectively saved.

Please let me know any for any pointers that can help in this case.

Regards,

Dinesh

Top Tags