cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to bind more than 1 tag from Kepware to a Thing

pbulters
1-Newbie

How to bind more than 1 tag from Kepware to a Thing

Hello, I am using kepware for reading out the signal of my PLC.

The following image shows 2 random digital inputs and 2 random analog inputs.

As shown in the next image, they work fine:

In Thingworx at the service tab i can find all the 4 inputs.

But when i try to manage remote bindings the program only find the first input. (this input works fine, i have used it in a mashup)

Can someone help me with this problem?! In the future i have to read out 64 digital inputs and 5 analog inputs!!

5 REPLIES 5
smanley
13-Aquamarine
(To:pbulters)

Hi Pim,

If you are using Thingworx 7.4, binding multiple tags is much easier using the Next Gen Composer. A step by step example can be found in the help center here PTC.

Otherwise, using classic composer will require a more manual process. There is a great example service posted in this community thread.

Get Tags From Kepware

iherreros
5-Regular Member
(To:smanley)

Hi Saeed,

I have a similar problem. I successfully connected Kepware to Thingworx and I added a tag by using the new composer as described in the guide you mentioned. I get the tags but I cannot get any value... seems like the industrial thing is not connected... Can you help me on that?

Many thanks

KEPServerEx is the industrial connection and TestKEP is the industrial thing.

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine
(To:iherreros)

Pim Bulters​,

How are you getting along with Kepware recently?

Was your issue mentioned above resolved or still need assistance?

Please share with us your latest status and also your experience if any:)

iherreros
5-Regular Member
(To:AnnaAn)

Hi Anna,

Thank you very much for your message. Yes, I resolved the issue it was a silly thing... The naming of tags was not correct (there were spaces, underscores..), as soon as I changed them it started working.

Regards.

Irene

smanley
13-Aquamarine
(To:iherreros)

The TestKEP Thing doesn't seem to be connected. The value of isConnected is unchecked in the first screenshot.

Top Tags