cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Deploying to a lot of EMS running on Rasbperry pi

omezger
1-Newbie

Deploying to a lot of EMS running on Rasbperry pi

Hi,

after reading the RPi Temperature & Humidity Tutorial on the thingworx academic website, I found out that the deploying process is rather manual.

http://www.thingworx.com/~/media/Files/PDFs/Academics/1RPSetupyourRaspberryPiBoard.ashx?la=en

I thought that the deploying process can be done directly from within thingworx. Let's say I configure a remote thing called myRPi1 that is bound to the once manually installed EMS on the RPi. Is it possible to update the parameters  and values directly from the thingworx thing myRPi1? Or do I need to updated the java files, compile and deploy the EMS after every change I want to make on the EMS side?

Another point is: how can I make the EMS run as a service on the PI, so that if the Pi reboots, it will start again automatically?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:omezger)

Olmo, by changes on the EMS side, are you referring to adding new properties, services etc? You don't have to compile anything when it comes to the EMS; you would just have to restart the luaScriptResource if you are modifying the lua files.

The Edge Help Center has information on how to run the EMS as a service.

mhollenbach
5-Regular Member
(To:omezger)

Olmo, there should be an install script included with the EMS to install as a service. You can run that and it will do that automatically for you.

Top Tags