cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Could not load **Master", Reason 500, Could not create a transaction to Thingworx Persistance provider

ydai
1-Newbie

Could not load **Master", Reason 500, Could not create a transaction to Thingworx Persistance provider

Hi all,

Do you meet this error? "Could not load **Master", Reason 500, Could not create a transaction to Thingworx Persistance provider. I open the Application.log and find the detail. How to solve this problem? Many Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:ydai)

Hi Yijun, seems like connectivity issue to PostgreSQL. Are you able to perform other tasks in Composer e.g. creating/editing a Thing? Does the issue persist despite the Tomcat restart? Can you check and share the tomcat's catalina.log file here? Is ThingWorx and Postgresql running on different machines?

ydai
1-Newbie
(To:supandey)

I didn't use the PostgreSQL. There are some properties' values will be deleted when 12:00 p.m. So I call the Timer5s services as a subscription.

The issue will be disappeared if I restarted the Tomcat.  I connect the Thingworx with MySQL server. But they are in the same machines.

I check the initial memory pool and maximum memory pool of Apache Tomcat 8.0 Properties (Java). They are none. By the way, I didn't set the Java options.

If I set the java options as the following, I cant start the Tomcat. It will shut down automatic.

-Dserver -Dd64

-XX:+UseNUMA

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

So, how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi Yijun, when you restart with those Java options what error message do you get in the Tomcat's catalina log? I think that needs to be fixed since we need those options for Tomcat. BTW, are you defining Xms and Xmx for the tomcat JVM?

ydai
1-Newbie

Hi Sushant, the catalina error logs are showed above. Today's log has no error.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Yijun, but these errors are from 5th Sept, are these same even when you add all the JAVA options for the Tomcat?

ydai
1-Newbie

I am out of office those days. I got the error messages from my colleague. I come back and change some JAVA options today. Just like add/delete :

-Dserver -Dd64

-XX:+UseNUMA

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

Delete the Initial memory pool and Maximum memory pool. But when I open the ThingWorx again, IE browser oops, and Chrome tells me that no memory. Just I post in another discussion. (IE browser looks oops)It looks so unreasonable. I don't know what happen. Looking forwards to your reply.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Thank you Yijun, I'll have look at the logs you have shared. Will check and get back to you.

ydai
1-Newbie

By the way, I didn't set/ define Xms and Xmx for tomcat JVM.

I just do some setting as the following

Top Tags