cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

pvz file is not getting displayed

tdevasagayam
5-Regular Member

pvz file is not getting displayed

Hi,

When I add a pvz file into an asset for visualisation, it is not getting added.

Let me know if I am making any mistakes.

Regards,

Thadeus.D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Thadeus,

We built a custom sample app for Plant Layout. We added the layout as background image. I added different assets (small images) placed accordingly. We overlaid the machine metrics on top of it. If you use the widget which supports pvz files, overlaying other widgets could be tricky and again it depends upon the problem you are solving. Why don't you take a look at our sample app https://www.ptc.com/en/thingworx/manufacturing-apps/Dashboard/Get-Started/Custom-Plant-Layout ? Hopefully, it can give you some idea.

Thanks,

Varathan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

My understanding is we support only those image files like JPEG. It is not meant for displaying visualization rather simply an image representing the asset.

I am not sure about your use case. However, you may able to change the widget used if you want to display pvz file from technical perspective. It should be straight forward one.

Thanks,

Varathan

tdevasagayam
5-Regular Member
(To:vranganathan)

Hi Varathan,

I am building a shop floor layout with some Assets. For Layout I want to add a box and Assets are some fixtures and machines.

Am having the CAD details for all the assets and layouts. Let me know how to modify the widget so that I can add the pvz files.

And I have installed Manufacturing apps in my client system.

Regards,

Thadeus.D

Hi Thadeus,

We built a custom sample app for Plant Layout. We added the layout as background image. I added different assets (small images) placed accordingly. We overlaid the machine metrics on top of it. If you use the widget which supports pvz files, overlaying other widgets could be tricky and again it depends upon the problem you are solving. Why don't you take a look at our sample app https://www.ptc.com/en/thingworx/manufacturing-apps/Dashboard/Get-Started/Custom-Plant-Layout ? Hopefully, it can give you some idea.

Thanks,

Varathan

dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:tdevasagayam)

Thadeus Devasagayam​ : I am not clear about your use case however if you want to display .PVZ file only then in a 3D project under Views -> 3D Container -> Add Model -> Update Model property Resource and select the required PVZ.

Save and preview to see the 3D content.

-Durgesh

Top Tags