cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Value Display Widget (responsive) has no Label

fpribbernow
1-Newbie

Value Display Widget (responsive) has no Label

Hello,

I want to create a button with a label on it that is responsive and that can change the display style based on a "Selected"-state. As I don't want to use anything like Tabs or the fixed size buttons, I thought to use a value display. But the problem is that the value display removes the Label-property if it is used in a responsive container (layout).

Is that a bug?

Here's an example of what I try to achieve.

Example.png

Thanks,

F.

8 REPLIES 8
jdass
12-Amethyst
(To:fpribbernow)

Hi Frank,

Yes! Looks like this is a bug . Article Viewer | PTC .

This has been reported to R&D in Jira PSPT-2735.

Hello,

thanks for the quick response. I found the article in the meantime myself. I feel a little worried because this issue seems to be 1.5 years old and still exists two TW-versions later. Is there a workaround or something? 

Frank

jdass
12-Amethyst

Frank,

Sorry for the inconvenience.There seems to be a workaround by adding your own label(using the label widget) in it's own row or sidebar.

Hello,

what do you mean with "my own" label. The standard label is neither responsive nor has it clicked event so I guess you mean that I have to create my own widget extension (using eclipse)?

F.

jdass
12-Amethyst

Hi Frank,

No, the workaround is to use the OOTB label widget to display the label text for the Value Display widget. Does this work for your use case?

Hello,

No I don't think it does. I try to realize responsive buttons with the layout shown in my first post. So using a OOTB label does not work because it has no Clicked-Event (maybe I can add one - if so, how?). The second reason why it is not working is, that the label is not responsive. It wants me to add a panel to my layout first. :-(

LabelNotResponsive.PNG

Maybe I'm missing something...

F.

jdass
12-Amethyst

Or try adding a panel to your layout and then adding the Value Display widget . This will makes it's Label property visible.

This works, but it makes the Value Display inresponsive. So this is not an option.

Top Tags