cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Queries related to dataconnect installation

rvuta1
1-Newbie

Queries related to dataconnect installation

Hi,

I installed Thingworx  foundation on windows server  ,

Analytics server on Desktop grade machine , which is running on  docker toolbox.

Now  dataconnect installation is pending

I read few threads related to dataconnect from  this community, so observed few points like

It could be better if we install dataconnect and analytics on different machines.

Dataconnect will not run on windows ,it runs on centOS or VM.

if I  want to install dataconnect on thingworx server (which is on windows server 2012 R2), can I install VM on this machine again to host Dataconnect.

if yes, as per guide

1. first I have to download Oracle VM VirtualBox from https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads.  

In this link i have to select  all supported Platforms options..is it correct?

2. next step I have to install centOS on VM

3 .then dataconnect RPM in the VM   

4. Integration of dataconnect with Thingworx.

these 4 steps has to be followed right?

if  I can not install VM on windows server grade machine , which OS system will be preferable to install VM.

Analytics running on docker toolbox,so can i use same to create another virtual machine and install docker on same?

please help.

Regards,

Raji

3 REPLIES 3
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:rvuta1)

Hi Raji

The 4 steps you mentioned are correct.

Please refer to https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/173112/en/ThingWorx-Analytics-DataConnect-User-Guide-8-0.pdf as it include all you need to create the VM, install CentOS and DataConnect

Kind regards

Christophe

rvuta1
1-Newbie
(To:cmorfin)

Thank you Christophe Morfin

So I can  install VM on windows 2012 R2 server machine right?

And  selected option that is  "all supported Platforms"  from VM link provided in guide to download VM is correct or not?

Regards,

Raji.

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:rvuta1)

Hi Raji

DataConnect needs to be installed on CentOS. In your case you chose to run CentOs in a VM, that is fine.

We have no requirement regarding the host OS of the VM, so it can be windows 2012.

The "All supportd Platforms" link at Downloads – Oracle VM VirtualBox is for the extension pack, you first want to install the base product which is the first set of links under VirtualBox 5.1.26 platform packages

Kind regards

Christophe

Top Tags