cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

The problem that I am having is that IoT updates to slow. I know that this could be my fault so I need some help please!

heberle33
2-Guest

The problem that I am having is that IoT updates to slow. I know that this could be my fault so I need some help please!

I am a decent coder with backgrounds in electrical engineering and programming engineering although I am a chemical engineer withe a biology degree. I love computers. and I am good with them. I just need help getting the the data to and from from the Thingworx servers in an acceptable time.  I think this is possible and I am not as good of a coder as I think I am.  Please help me!.

I have a state machine built that lets you choose what type of control that you want which can be the  steady state operating curve, Step, Frequency Response, Pi, & PID.

i would assume that others are have this trouble or I am just missing something completely.

Also, Let me know if you would be interested in seeing the code and I will send it to you.

Thank you & I look forward to hearing from you.

-Hunter Eberle

10 REPLIES 10
gnandyala
13-Aquamarine
(To:heberle33)

Can you tell me more about your use case?

Tell more about how you are using thingworx application?

The use case is developed in labview and it updates an input to a motor and an output from a flow sensor up to the cloud, respectively.  This system is working under my school's network so I figure that this is slowing things up.  That said, it controls the pump from the cloud in real time I think, but the flow sensor update is too slow to make any meaningful analysis. 

Also I am using datadashboard.  I should try using the composer but I have not had enough time lately.

gnandyala
13-Aquamarine

I thought that that the edge server analytics should be done at the edge server (myRIO) and pushing anything up to the cloud should probably require 1-3 seconds.

My loops are running every 10 ms and I know I don't need to update at this rate but to see the control responses clearly, then the updates need to run at the very least twice a second at least, I think, or that I can guarantee that every value gets to the cloud, maybe with a websocket?

gnandyala
13-Aquamarine

Have you ws ems for connection to cloud.

gnandyala
13-Aquamarine
(To:gnandyala)

Have you tried WS EMS for connection to cloud?

I have not heard of WS EMS.  What is it?

or am I already using a websocket if I use the thingworx api?

Using labview allows the automation of setting up and maintaining a websocket.  The first thing I had to do was download an agent to the myRIO which set the edge server up and made use of the Always on protocol.  I am still struggling with the problem of generating graphs on the cloud that look like they do when the control experiment is ran locally.  Basically, the problem seems to me is that some of my data is getting lost when it gets updated to the cloud.

I know there is a way to get the graphs looking good and they did this using the old server system which used SQL but my school is trying to get away from using the local servers.  I hope that value streams and storing data into an array will solve the problem and I am about to try that but I am not totally convinced.

Additionally, I kind of understand how to do this using JS and AJAX.  I just need to translate that knowledge into the ThingWorx interface.

Top Tags