cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to give access to a mashup to external users

mnalla
7-Bedrock

How to give access to a mashup to external users

Hi everyone,

I want to give access to external user to view mashup. He is not the part of administrator group. Could please anyone tell how to approach it.

Regards,

madhu

6 REPLIES 6
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:mnalla)

You could set up a non administrator group with access to the mashup and related services/entities. You could assign an appkey to that group and then access the mashup via the appkey.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS227935

mnalla
7-Bedrock
(To:posipova)

Hi Polina Osipova,

ThankYou for the response. With the help of appKey Do we need to give visibility and runtime permission to every entity such as mashups, things, thingtemplates, datatables and other media files used by Mashup. or Is there any way other than administrator group to give permission to the new user.

Because I found giving permission to every entity is cumbersome.

Regards,

Madhu

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Madhu Nalla​: You should create a user group and assign visibility& runtime permissions on required entities to this user group. This will be a one time activity needs to be done and then should add any required user to the user group to automatically get right permissions.

You may also out other threads to programmatically setting permissions

Re: Programmatic way of setting permissions

Setting visibility of individual entities programmatically

-Durgesh

mnalla
7-Bedrock
(To:dupatel)

Hi Durgesh,

That's fine creating group and all. For this group should i provide access at every entity level or Is it fine to provide it only at project level and model tags level.

Regards,

Madhu

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Madhu Nalla​ : Entity level

posipova
20-Turquoise

For convenience, you may look into setting up the System User The use of System User

Setting up the security "layer by layer" is generally the best practice that could maximuze the protection of your application.

Top Tags