cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Thread error HTTP Status 500

jkim-61
1-Newbie

Thread error HTTP Status 500

Hi, all.

I can't suddenly connect to the server.

I don't know why. This error occurs.

ApplicationLog

Actually, connection was smooth until just a few days ago.

Ubuntu 14.04, Tomcat8, Postgresql9.4..

Please help me T.T

15 REPLIES 15
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:jkim-61)

Hi Jeongeun, just to confirm is PostgerSQL DB is up and running? Are you able to connect to it via PgAdminII client? Can you also share the tomcat logs?

yes, running.

What does mean this error? I deleted everything. And I installed Thingworx8. However, the same error occurs.

help me.

1..GIF

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Is it possible for you attach the applicationLog and Tomcat's catalina log here? It's bit hard to check for issues just with snippets of logs.

I attach download link.(Application log, Catalina log)

log - Google Drive

Thank you !!

ytella
17-Peridot

Hi Jeongeun Kim,

I have found the following error in the application.log.

PooledConnection that has already signalled a Connection error is still in use!

Could you please refer to the following article and make the changes accordingly?

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS261398&language=en&posno=1&q=PooledConnection%20that%20has%20already%20signalled%20a%20Connection%20error%20is%20still%20in%20use!&source=search

jkim-61
1-Newbie
(To:ytella)

Thank you for your solution. I re-create database(thingworx) but I got this error.

캡처.GIF

T.T help me.

ytella
17-Peridot

Hi Jeongeun Kim,

Could you please share the PostgreSQL logs from <postgres_install_point>\<version>\data\pg_log>

jkim-61
1-Newbie
(To:ytella)

Attach postgresql main log file. Thank you in advance!

postgresql-9.4-main.log - Google Drive

posipova
20-Turquoise

How do you deploy your application? Do you drop the .war file in Tomcat/webapps folder or upload via the browser? The browser/UI method would not work and likely  cause this error.

JUdging by the logs your database isn't connecting either.

I copied .war file under the webapps folder..

posipova
20-Turquoise

Have you ever installed a different version of postgres on the same machine? And what is your current version?

The current version is 9.4.

I reinstalled Postgresql and pgadmin3 due to this error. (same version)

posipova
20-Turquoise

I'd ensure it was fully removed Ensuring PostgreSQL database is fully removed

Thank you for your reply. I fully removed and reinstalled it.

Each time I run pgadmin3, the following problems occur in the database. I'll need to reenter password. Is right?

11.GIF

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Jeongeun Kim​: In PostgreSQL,a password is required depends on your settings in pg_hba.conf and there are different ways you can connect - different settings in pg_hba.conf may apply.

If you have a line like this at the top your pg_hba.conf file:

local    all     all     peer

OR:

local    all     all     ident

>>Then you can connect locally without password if your system user is "postgres" and your database user is "postgres" too.

So you need to change your pg_hba.conf to fix the issue.

Here's an example:

pg_hba.conf:

TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD

host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            trust

host    all             all             ::1/128                 trust

NOTE : Trust means that anyone on address (in this case localhost) can connect as the listed user and setting is suitable for development configurations and ideally should not be used in production setup.

-Durgesh

Top Tags