cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Button Style Definition?

jwright111
1-Newbie

Button Style Definition?

How do I create customized widgets with pre-defined style?

Every time I place a button I have to go through the tedious process of styling it and it's states...

I created a "Custom Style Definition" and gave it a "Display String" name, but it does not appear in the Style Definitions, or even the "Recent"... any idea why?

My companies brand has distinct and well defined styles and I would like to make collections of pre-styled elements, how is this done?

Our standard primary interface button element, for example:

Also, how do I adjust the rounded corner radius of buttons and change the font?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
jdass
12-Amethyst
(To:jwright111)

Hi Jeff,

The style definition that you create gets listed with the name you give in the Name filed under the General Information Tab.

Please check if you can locate your Custom Style Definition with the text you entered in the Name field rather than the Display String.

jdass
12-Amethyst
(To:jdass)

There is an open JIRA for new Feature request of rounded corners for Radio Button https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS230305&language=en&posno=1&q=rounded%20buttons&source=search

But you may look into creating your own custom widget too.

Thanks.

Where does one access this 'General Information' tab?

What is the use of naming it here if it can't be referenced anywhere else?

Thanks.

jdass
12-Amethyst
(To:jwright111)

Hi Jeff,

The Display String is just a descriptive string of the current style definition.

Whereas, what is given in the Name textbox in General Information tab is the name in which the new Style Definition is saved. A Style definition cannot be even be saved without giving it a Name in the General Information tab. And this is the Name which is displayed in your search result.

Please check out the above image to locate the General Information tab. It is present  under ENTITY INFORMATION. And search for your custom style definition with the name given there.

Jeff, sounds trivial, but I would consider copy-paste

Top Tags