cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

REST API Problem(THINGWORX 8.0(MSSQL))

æ吴
4-Participant

REST API Problem(THINGWORX 8.0(MSSQL))

Hi,

I am learning at how to use REST API to create a thing in virtual machine.I get a error when I send the message to Thingworx8.0.Please find the picture,the error is:ApplicationKey Is Not Allowed As A URL Parameter.The version of Thinworx is 8.0(MSSQL) in virtual machine.

However, when I send the message to my local machine,it is OK.The version of Thinworx is7.4(no database) in local machine.How should do to solve this problem.

3 REPLIES 3
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:æ吴)

Hi Hao, the use of ApplicationKey is disabled by default in newly installed ThingWorx 8.0 due to the security risk. If you are still willing to use this you'll need to enable this from the PlatformSubsystem Configuration page in the ThingWorx Composer.

Please see this article for more detail ThingWorx Appkey URL Parameter is Deprecated as of ThingWorx 8.0.0

æ吴
4-Participant
(To:supandey)

Thank you.

Is there any new detailed tutorial for REST API of ThingWorx8.0 if I don't enable the Allow Application Key as URL Parameter fuction?

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:æ吴)

Hi Hao, you can still use the AppKey, just pass them to the HTTP header instead of using it in the URL as highlighted in the article i shared in my last earlier response.

Top Tags