cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

google map not load in View Mashup

schen-71
1-Newbie

google map not load in View Mashup

I use 30 days hosted trial, google map widget could not load normally in View Mashup, Error Message like "Oops! Something went worng... See the JavaScript  console for technical details.".  How could I get this right?

16 REPLIES 16
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:schen-71)

Hi Sandra,  have you check the browser's developer console for more detail or may be the ApplicationLog from ThingWorx? Was this working when you first created the instance?

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Sandra Chen​,

Could you access to Google map seperately from your browser?

For some Chinese customers, it may not be accessible for Google Map.

Baidu map will be used instead in such case.

Br,

Anna

Hi Anna An, I could access to Google map from browser.

Hi Sushant, Thank you for your suggestion. I have check application log, but it seems no error message about this.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Did you also check the Developer's console?

Sandra, where do you find the google map widget when you create your mashup?

Hi Xinyan, I get google map widget from mashup -> widgets-> category (filter)-> key in google map, to get goole map widget.

Hi Sushant, show log for view mashup is as below:

google_map_error.jpg

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Sorry if i was not clear enough in my last response, I meant the web browser's own developer console for e.g. if you'd press F12 in chrome you should be able to view this console and then you will have to refresh the page once. Please check if there are any errors/warnings there.

You may want to take a look at this thread Google Maps no longer displaying (Error - 'Oops! Something went wrong')

It may be missing Google API Key in metadata.xml file.

Hi Sushant & Varathan, thank you very much, from the browser developer console, it seems the Google API key problem, I will find how to put Google API key in metadata.xml.

How could I extract metadata.xml and modify it ? Extension just could be imported or viewed from composer.

It's right to download google widget extension from makerplace, and modify metadata.xml, and import extension?

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi Sandra, yes it OK to do that to update the key. In fact you can refer to this article guiding you on how to update the key in the metadata.xml API Keys and the Google Map Widget in ThingWorx

Hope this'd help.

Hi Sushant, thank you for your help, google map can be viewed normally.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Glad it helped

Top Tags