cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Copy file from Remote Repository to Local FileRepository

mak1
1-Newbie

Copy file from Remote Repository to Local FileRepository

Hi,

Can anyone help me how to use Copy service of FileTransferSubsystem in order to copy File from Remote Repository to local File Repository?

5 REPLIES 5
grahamall
1-Newbie
(To:mak1)

Do you want to transfer a file from an Edge to Thingworx or between two copies of Thingworx one local and one remote?

mak1
1-Newbie
(To:grahamall)

I want to transfer file from an Edge to Thingworx

In my situation a user wants to download the file by clicking on Button, the RemoteThingwithFileTransfer has no downloadlink, so files needs to be copy to FileRepository.

Also, is there any service to download the file by clicking a Button?

If you provide a script, then it would be grateful.

MaK

Has you received a response to this?

I too need to transfer a file from the Edge to ThingWorx and then parse it with a service to feed a mashup.

Have just begun exploration on how to accomplish that.

Any pointers, examples, or documentation please reply.

Thanks,

Beck, here is a support article on how to use the FileTransfer widget to copy files. Once it is copied over to the File Repository, you can use a service like GetFileListingWithLinks to display/ download them.

Thanks Aanjan,

I have created a Repository Thing and am looking through the available services.

1. Do you have access to anything else to supplement the material in this article?

I need clarification on the section about the actual copy and how to implement. This is mentioned in the 7th bullet in the article as follows:

"Then Copy parameters for transfer from Platform to Edge would be:  sourceRepo: SystemRepository, targetRepo RT1" ... and so on.

2. Also I need to copy in the other direction: From Edge to Platform, and I would like to do it with a RESTFul URL from the device calling the appropriate service for the Repository thing.

Note Concerning the RESTFul call, there is another thread I am following that suggests using the SaveBinary service. The thread is titled "Upload file to (REST) Web Service from ThingWorx."  I am exploring that as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Top Tags